My Fieldwork Experience

There was so much anticipation for teaching a whole 4th grade glass and then it went by so fast! There was a lot of preparation that my group and I did, and the 2 days that we taught flew by!!



 I learned a lot about team work and the importance of planning a lesson. First, everyone has to be able to meet at the same time so we can all put our ideas together and each be working on some part of the lesson. I also leaned how important it is for everyone to know their role on the day of teaching. We assigned and reviewed what slides each of us in the group would be teaching, and what each teacher candidate would be doing during our lesson in front of the class. For example, one of us was supposed to be in charge of giving the students a star for following directions. One of us was in charge of handing out the worksheets that we provided for the students. This makes the lesson go more smoothly so we are not talking over each other and tripping over each other while teaching! I also learned how important it is to take everyone in your groups ideas into consideration. We all had great ideas, but had to narrow them down into one lesson plan. I learned how important it is to be aware of the time you have to teach. You want to have enough time to teach everything, but you don't want to spend to much time on one topic and end up running out of time to teach. So, I learned to keep the questions students had for the end of class if they were irrelevant to what we were teaching.
The observation reflections that we received from our classmates taught me that I have to speak a little louder, and implement the stars for behavioral management. But we did receive good feedback about how great our lesson ideas were! Both inquiry and direct lesson were very fun to make. Inquiry lessons give the students an opportunity to investigate and have fun!
The students in the 4th grade class taught me that you can never be over prepared for the questions that they are going to ask, or the way the class will behave. They were an awesome group of kids and I cannot wait to have my own classroom someday!!! :)

Comments